Key Areas of expertise
I have been an independent consultant for the past 6 years and was previously a senior consultant for Leeds Local Authority School Improvement services. I have been a Chair of Governors for a large primary school and have experience of working closely with headteachers, including being an external consultant for headtacher performance management.
My key areas of expertise:
- Leadership development at senior and middle leadership level. Working with teams to strengthen and maximise impact.
- Curriculum development.
- Closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils and considering barriers to progress.
- The development of 'Growth Mindsets' and 'Metacognition' as whole school approaches to enabling pupils to become more effective and independent learners.
- Development of teaching and learning, particularly around :
- The development of reading across the school;
- Progression in writing;
- Utilising school self-evaluation to drive forward standards in teaching;
- Developing collaborative learning;
- Developing oracy and maximising the impact of questioning;
- Minds-on interactive thinking and deeper learning across the curriculum.
- Increasing the impact of marking and feedback.
- Effective leadership of teaching assistants. Training for TAs.
- Data analysis - support for interpretation of data and school development planning.