Key Areas of expertise
My key areas of expertise:
- Leadership development at senior and middle leadership level. Working with teams to strengthen and maximise impact.
- Curriculum development.
- Closing the gap for disadvantaged pupils and considering barriers to progress.
- The development of 'Growth Mindsets' and 'Metacognition' as a whole school approaches to enabling pupils to become more effective and independent learners.
- Development of teaching and learning, particularly around :
- The development of reading across the school.
- Progression in writing.
- Utilising school self-evaluation to drive forward standards in teaching.
- Developing collaborative learning.
- Developing oracy and maximising the impact of questioning.
- Minds-on interactive thinking and learning across the curriculum.
- Increasing the impact of marking and feedback.
- Effective leadership of teaching assistants. Training for TAs.
- Data analysis - support for interpretation of data and school development planning.
Consultancy & Training
The consultancy and training I provide centres on working in partnership with leaders to create strong solutions that have high, sustainable impact; and in empowering others.
Do you need:
- Someone to provide a fresh perspective
- Expertise beyond that in your own school
- Professional development for leaders
- Support for improving the quality of teaching
- Assistance in improving staff performance
- Training days and events designed to respond to key school improvement priorities - stimulate new thinking, re-energise efforts, inspire teachers and provide practical solutions
To ensure consultancy has impact; a practical approach runs throughout the services offered and sessions are tailored to meet the needs of participants.
As part of my service, I will:
- Listen carefully to exactly what you need.
- Explore a range of solutions, helping you to set up support plans that achieve your goals.
- Give you honest, unbiased, practical advice.
- Challenge as appropriate.
- Work in partnership to create strong solutions.
- Provide a high quality, professional service.
- Provide tools and resources to aid implementation.
ONLINE COURSES NOW AVILABLE AT OUR ONLINE TEACHING SCHOOL
Tap into services
In house services include:
- Year long-programmes designed to meet a need in your school, e.g. middle leadership development, whole school reading, progression in writing. This type of programme often includes a mixture of meetings, 1:1 sessions, small group input, training events for the whole staff, reviews and evaluation activities. Each programme is bespoke to the school and designed in conjunction with the headteacher.
- Training days on a variety of topics.
- Twilight training sessions - usually a programme of twilight sessions with gap tasks inbetween.
- Headteacher support / Deputy Headteacher support - 1:1 sessions
- SLT facilitated sessions, e.g. strategic planning for the year ahead, reviewing a whole school issue such as reading, curriculum planning.
- Review days - working alongside senior and middle leaders to review current practice.
- Central courses - please see programme of upcoming events.
Vicky Crane provides school improvement services and teacher CPD primarily in the Leeds and West Yorkshire region. ICTWAND provides a wide range of central courses held at Weetwood Hall, Headingley in Leeds for teachers and leaders. Providing quality training that has an impact in schoosl is our priority.